Global Customer Portal with SAP Hybris
Rehau is laying the cornerstone for the global roll-out customer portal with a user-friendly look & feel that will stand the test of time.
Rehau is a leading system and service provider of polymer-based solutions for the construction, automotive and manufacturing sectors. The pioneering company develops sustainable answers to the ecological and economic challenges of tomorrow. In order to be prepared to meet future challenges, Rehau decided to change to the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite for its customer portal throughout its global operations. As a digital information and sales platform, the portal offers industry customers, distributors and tradesmen sophisticated order processes specifically designed to match prevalent B2C scenarios.
To minimize risks and implementation time, Rehau started the project with a relatively small number of users in the pilot countries of Serbia and Montenegro. Once the changeover had been completed without a hitch, the portal was analyzed with respect to load times, performance leaks and errors using an APM solution. The analysis results allowed the prompt identification of areas requiring optimization and measures to further improve the user experience. The customers are delighted and the results are now informing the planning of the next phases for the global roll-out.
The project aims at providing a high-performance global customer portal that fits seamlessly into the company’s solution landscape. Good customer and staff acceptance had top priority. The online shop is expected to offer a personalized customer approach, speedy order processes and intuitive search and filter functions.
- Implementation of the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite with numerous connections to existing systems
- Look & feel to match the company’s online CI
- Power user order process via file upload
- Favorites and overview lists such as “My Rehau”, showing contracts, received deliveries and order quantities
- Integrated product configuration
- Integration of CMS and MAM system for simplified maintenance and editing of customer portal contents
- Highly efficient order process for different user groups
- Different channels for order entry: direct order placement, CSV upload, order templates
- Agile project methodology using Jira: despite being spread out geographically, team members have been able to collaborate efficiently while keeping travel costs to a minimum
- U/I concept designed using personas, wireframes, and mockups
- Build-up of know-how at Rehau, enabling their project team to handle subsequent operation and further development
- Roll-out to the EMEA countries and the Asia Pacific Region is scheduled to be completed by 2020, equipping over 30 countries around the world with the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite as the platform for their online activities
- Connection to the PIM system to enable customers to order directly from online catalogs
The Rehau Group
Polymer specialist Rehau creates sustainable solutions for energy-efficient construction, for the use of regenerative energies and water management, as well as for the areas of mobility and Future Living. Some 20,000 highly qualified employees around the globe are engaged in this work. Outstanding innovations, state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques and flexible logistics have made the independent family-owned company, which has been operating for over 65 years, a forward-looking and reliable partner with specialist expertise for virtually all sectors of industry.
“I’ve never experienced as smooth a go-live as this one.
Despite extensive adaptations and the need for numerous connections
to existing systems we stayed well within schedule at all times.”
Alexander Schrödel, Head of E-Business/E-Services at the REHAU Group